Rules allow for the creation of triggers that will perform certain actions when conditions are met. For example, if a light remains active for more than 10 minutes you can automatically dim it or turn if off.
There are various conditions that can be watched for when setting up a rule.
- Date/Time: Setup a light or a scene to activate at a given date and time. These types of rules can also be setup to repeat minutely, hourly, daily, monthly, etc. Examples:
- Send a text when the garage door is left open past 9 PM
- Progressively turn lights on as a wake function in the morning
- Program a thermostat to turn to pre-determined temp settings during each weekday
- Sunrise/Sunset: Setup your devices to activate or deactivate at sunrise and sunset. Examples:
- Turn on porch lights at sunset and off again at sunrise
- Turn on the pet's heat lamp at sunset
- Change of a device's state: When a device changes state, the system can be programmed to perform a task. For example:
- Activate a scene when a light is turned off
- Send a text message anytime the medicine cabinet door sensor is triggered
- Turn on lights and play music when the motion sensor is activated
- Random: Randomly turn on and off lights. Example:
- Give your house a 'lived-in' look while on vacation